Thursday, January 27, 2011

Jack's Sisters..

Jack is surrounded by woman in my house. I am a single mother.  Jack has an older sister Sam.  She is fifteen going on 35.  When Sam was two my father said "tilly (that was my nic name) samantha is beautiful, smart, athletic and fearless, she is nothing like you."   Thanks dad... maybe thats why I have had boy issues.. but thats another blog.   Sam is outgoing, she has been a competitive swimmer since the age of 6, an excellent student and a very pretty girl.  She is a handful and does not cut Jack any breaks.  Jack's younger sister Kate is a lamb.  She is built like her dad, lean.  She always has her head in a book and loves the theatre.  We love the theatre, the ballet and the nutcracker.

One of the hardest things about having a child in the hospital, when you are with the child in the hospital you feel like the girls need you and when with the girls I feel like Jack needs me.

Home, I spend the first few days picking up the pieces of my family.  I know the girls are sympathetic towards Jack.  But they let me know in no uncertain terms that they do not like being left on their own.  And I do not blame them.

No comments: