Tuesday, January 25, 2011

My Beautiful Boy

Jack was blessed with a great head of hair.  Its blonde and thick and has the perfect wave.  He has had it from the start.  During his stay, many resident, attendings, docs and nurses have asked me about Her.  When I correct them and say Him.  They stare and say "he is beautiful".   And he is, green eyes, freckles and a big mop of hair...

When Jack was diagnosed with CF I made a promise to myself.  I wanted Jack to be known as Jack who by the way has CF.  Not the kid with CF .. Jack.   And for the most that has been the case.   So I want to talk about Jack.  Jack is a ball of energy, he has been from the start.  Surrounded by woman, he has always been all boy.. cars, trains, anything with wheels.  Early on the house was quiet, finally I went outside and there was Jack, he had taken the keys to the car off the rack, jumped into the car and started it, his younger sister Kate was riding shot gun, and he was trying to work the pedals.  he was four.

I love his spirit and his drive and determination... I love that the first question he had about getting a tube shoved down his nose as a way to feed him.. "can I go to the Skate Park".  I love my beautiful boy.

No comments: