Monday, May 20, 2013


Our fight just got a little harder in the past five months.  Its hard for me to write about that.  Its hard for me to share that.  I have always been pretty good about living in the moment, not always thinking about Jack's Cystic Fibrosis.  But recently we got news that makes that so much harder.

As I write this, Jack is in bed with his pulmazine flowing out of his neb into his lungs.  We do this twice a day along with his vest.  This is an effort to clear his lungs, they are no longer clear.

My oldest Samantha is graduating in two weeks and off to Bucknell.  When Jack was first diagnosed I was told by my doctor "Liz so many children with Cystic Fibrosis are reaching college age and even going."  Saying good bye to Sam this fall is going to be one of the hardest things I have done.  And she is just going four hours away.  She is just going to College.

Honestly, I have always been able to share our fight.  I just can not do that right now.  Our fight is too hard for me to talk about.

May is Cystic Fibrosis awareness Month.  Below is a youtube from one of the more incredible people I have had the pleasure of meeting along this Journey.  She has Cystic Fibrosis.  So rather than talk about my journey, please follow watch her story.  She will inspire you.  She has inspired me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v6zfSaG6-9A&feature=youtu.be


This is our story:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xD9Dj4RB1dQ

Thank you for your continued support, love, emails, texts, thoughts, and prayers...

best....

No comments: