Friday, January 28, 2011

Back to school

This morning jack wants to go back to school.  And while I so admire his courage, I am afraid.  He has a tube that runs down his nose, is taped across his check and the the tubing goes into a back pack.  The back pack contains a pump and a bag full of "food" for Jack.  His friends have embraced him.  They have come by in a pack to hang out with Jack.  But now he is off the the halls of middle school.  I know everyone will not be as kind, and for me this is heartbreaking.

I have told his sister sam to look after Jack.  The cruelest part about having a chronic illness is that along with the pain and hospitalization, there comes this....

I wish I could go with him.  Stand next to him.  Look after him.  After spend weeks in the hospital with him, it is so hard to let him go.....

No comments: